Computer vision is an interdisciplinary field that deals with how computers can be used to gain high-level understanding from digital images and videos. Fish detection and monitoring is an important topic in computer vision. The growth of high-powered computers, the evolution of high-quality video cameras with low cost and the growing need for automated video analysis have caused more interest in the development of underwater inspection.
Postdoctoral research project
Res: Dr.sc.comp. Mohcine Boudhane (email@example.com)
Supported by: ERDF
Project duration: 15.03.2019. - 14.03.2022.
Project number: 188.8.131.52/VIAA/2/18/348
Project activities and activities implemented:
- Participation in the International Conference in the international Scientific Conference SOCIETY. TECHNOLOGY. SOLUTIONS, title: "Underwater optical observation, how to improve visibility" (24-25.04.2019)
- Participation in on new research methods, presentation on the topic "MACHINE LEARNING AND DATA SCIENCE" (15.05.2019)
- Participation in FALLING THE WALL LAB, organized by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in cooperation with the university of Latvia, presentation title "BREAKING THE WALL OF UNDERWATER VISIBILITY" (05.06.2019)
- Description of Activity 1.1.a "Visibility problems and underwater image enhancement methods" (28.06.2019)
- Description of Activity 1.1.b Technologies on object detection tracking in video sequences (28.06.2019)
- Description of Activity 1.1.c Evaluative and comparative study of shape modelling methods (28.06.2019)