The aim of the project: to improve the information quality and the availability of content on third-country nationals provided by the mass media, thus preparing and engaging the media in a constructive dialogue and the development of mutual understanding between third-country nationals and the local community.
The project "Integration of Third Country Nationals by Involving Mass Media" is implemented with the support of Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
Project period: August 1, 2017 – December 31, 2018
Total budget: EUR 162 487,03
Target group: Representatives of Latvian mass media (journalists and editors)
- to create and implement a media content management system: assessment of training needs of media workers, training plans, code of ethics, editorial guidelines;
- to develop and implement a training program for three different groups (24 academic hours for each group);
- to organize an experience exchange visit abroad for media representatives on the European media practice in reflecting third-country nationals;
- to create and distribute media content that confirms the application of the content management system created in the project.
- Ltd. Publishing House „Rīgas Viļņi”
- JSC „Radio SWH”
- JSC „TV Latvija”
- Ltd. „Vidzemes televīzija”, Latvian Regional Television „Re:TV”
- Latvian Television
- Ltd. „Cēsu Druva”
- Ltd. LETA
- Association „Latvian Platform for Development Cooperation"
More information on the project: HESPI researcher Agnese Dāvidsone (firstname.lastname@example.org)